Sunday, June 27, 2010

spicy fish curry


Fish curry are made in different styles. I learnt to make fish curry from my mom. But when I was trying to make, it doesn’t come out well. I used to wonder why my fish curry does not taste good as my mothers fish curry.

I have a good husband that he used to comment that my fish curry is quite good. But i was not satisfied of my fish curry. I used to think a lot that where do I make mistake. Now after 2 years I found the secret and my fish curry is coming out really well.
Only practice molds a person well.If you like my recipe you will also tell ‘Yes it is awesome’.
warning:people with acidity problems can avoid this recipe.

Ingredients
Onion -1
Tomato -1
Fenugreek -1/2 spoon
Cumin seeds -1/2 spoon
Oil -3 spoon
Chilly powder -2 spoon (green chilly can also be used)
coriander powder-2 spoon
Turmeric -1/2 spoon
Salt- 1/2 spoon(your choice)
Tamarind -3 small balls or pastes (2 spoon)
Coconut -1/2 cup
Fish -8 small pieces

Procedure
STEP 1: Take 3 balls of tamarind and soak it in water for 15 minutes. If you have tamarind paste then skip this step.
STEP 2: Mixture-Once it is done take the tamarind juice and squeeze one tomato in to it. Add 2 spoon chilly powder ,2 spoon coriander powder and ½ spoon turmeric powder and ½ spoon salt to the mixture.Mix it well.
STEP 3: Now take a pan .Add 3 spoon oil and heat it. Lower the flame and add ½ spoon fenugreek seeds and ½ spoon cumin seeds. Fry it in the oil in low flame.
STEP 4: Now add onion and fry it nicely till it becomes brown.
STEP 5: Now add the mixture in to it and keep it in low flame and close it.
STEP 6: Now grind the coconut nicely in a grinder by adding little water to it. Add this paste to the pan.
STEP 7: Now add the fish pieces one by one slowly and don’t raise the flame. Keep it in medium flame so that it cooks well. If you raise the flame the fish pieces will break so keep it in medium flame.
STEP 8: Usually the fish will be cooked in 20 t0 30 min.Check whether the fish is done well and if it is good then it is done.
You can have this curry with white rice along with fish fry as a side dish.
This combination suites well.

1 comment:

  1. I tried this at home. Very good.
    http://www.healthydietrecipe.com/

    ReplyDelete